Thursday, August 4, 2016

Fried Chicken

Who doesn't love a good piece of fried chicken? Well, I sure do. The last time I had cravings for fried chicken, I headed to KFC at The Spring .... but then the chicken tasted funny. They were powdery in texture and were so bland. Yuck! They tasted like they were not fresh. Disappointed, I decided to feedback them about the quality of their food. I've not gone back to KFC since - nor do I have any inclination to go back anytime soon - so I wouldn't know if they've improved. 

But who said you needed to go to KFC to get awesome fried chicken? I went to The Kimbap at Brighton Square, and I must say that I loved the Daebak Chicken! They were absolutely delicious! Succulent and full of flavour - sweet and savoury and spicy and so satisfying .... I still think about them today! 

The Kimbap's Daebak Chicken, RM18.00 for 6 pieces
Quite pricey, but so good to eat. I reckon it was better than 4Fingers Crispy Chicken! Lol! 

Yesterday. however, I decided to cook my own! How easy it was! I bought fresh chicken. cleaned and marinated them with a little salt, pepper and some aromatics - well, I had actually pounded garlic, ginger and shallots and squeezed the juices out to marinate the chicken with. 

Then, I used a fried chicken flour premix - there are plenty of brands in the market, pick your favourite. I mixed 2 tablespoons of the flour with water - making a runny batter. Then I threw all my chicken into the batter. Then one by one, I took each piece of chicken out and coated it with more flour premix. Then, they were ready to fry! 

Yummy Fried Chicken, homemade with a little help from the instant flour premix

Guess what? The chicken was superb! Much better than KFC's and so much cheaper than The Kimbap's .... hmn ... homemade is still the best! :)) 

3 comments:

  1. i like Korean fried chicken too, nowadays a lot of such outlets mushrooming in KL, but the best is still homecooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GFC is a great idea! Perhaps next round I'll coat the chicken with some Korean-style sauce .... and I'll have my own Korean GFC!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...