Friday, July 1, 2011

I Hate It When I Misplace My Keys

There's nothing worse than reaching home only to find that the keys to the house is missing. And this has happened to me twice within the span of a few months!! Sigh.

I always keep my keys in a black pouch. A few months back, as I parked in front of the gate, I searched high and low for my key pouch. They were not there as they should be!! I tried to recall where I had left my pouch but my memory just failed me.

I drove all the way back to my workplace and searched everywhere but they were not anywhere to be found. I finally accepted that there were gone for good. What upset me the most was that my spare car keys were in the pouch too. Sigh. I would have to get my car locking system changed and that meant extra expenditure!

The next day, when I was about to leave my workplace, a colleague came to me and told me that she'd just received a call from a student to say that my pouch was with her. How miraculous! Immediately I drove to my students' house nearby to get back my pouch.

Apparently, I had left the pouch atop my car, and it dropped along the road. Someone picked it up and they knew it was mine because inside the pouch, there was a Kad Mesra with my name on it. Gosh, how careless of me to just leave my pouch atop my car and then drive off. Of course I had not done it intentionally.

Today, again, I reached the front gate and realised that I did not have my key pouch. This time, in the pouch were only the house and office keys. I'd decided not to keep my spare car keys in the pouch.

Sigh. I called my housemate but she did not pick up my call. So, I sat in the car and waited somewhat stupidly for someone to come home. Sitting in the car, I thought of where the keys might have been. I'd certainly gone to so many places today. I'd gone to the car service centre, the school, and even the army camp. I'd spent an entire afternoon in the field at the camp. My key pouch could have been misplaced at any of those places. And it was late already and I could not possibly search for my keys especially at the army camp.

I recalled the last time I had the pouch in my hands. It was when I was on my way to my office as I wanted to get some exercise books. And so, I called my colleague (who was coincidentally spending the night at school) and asked her to check whether my key pouch was on my table. And indeed it was!!! Thank God!!!

And so I drove all the way back to school to collect my key pouch. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...